1 small potato (Irish)
2 pounds of white confectionary sugar
1/2 cup peanut butter
diced nuts for garnish or chocolate (optional)
- boil potato in skin till tender
- remove the skin from potato in a bowl add 1 cup sugar — watch the magic- you should have a liquid substance.
- Keep adding sugar a cup at a time until a stiff dough forms.
- Dump out onto sugared board/table and sugar rolling pin (a glass works too) and roll dough till 1/4 inch thick.
- Spread out peanut butter to cover the dough and begin rolling dough adding more sugar as needed and patting the dough down while you form a long log
- optional roll in nuts if you want or chocolate Cut into 1/2″ LOGS AND EAT
- store in a plastic container and refrigerate it will keep a week if you control yourself.